Advocacy Strategies has a wealth of knowledge in training both large and small groups. To better equip you in becoming effective advocates on your issues, we have the capacity to provide the following trainings: basic advocacy, issue advocacy, strategy and planning sessions, working with the media, developing spokespersons, as well as developing individualized and in-depth training for your leaders. Our team has developed and implemented trainings for numerous clients that have played a decisive role in guaranteeing their success. This is a service we are uniquely positioned to provide in our field.
- Provided advocacy training to Des Moines University students in the Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, Physical Therapy, and Physician Assistant programs.
- Provided advocacy training to Visiting Nurse Services and Hospice of Central Iowa staff.
- Developed and presented a program on public engagement for the Governor’s Conference on Public Health.
- Delivered several presentations on multiple topics for the Commission on Tobacco Use Prevention and Control for the Commission members and their statewide grantees.
- Provided advocacy training and programs to numerous public health and patient advocacy organizations including the YMCA, LLS, Epilepsy Foundation, Brain Injury Alliance, Free Clinics of Iowa, Easter Seals Iowa, Alzheimer’s Association, ARC Iowa, CHAIN, Iowa Retail Federation, Tobacco Community Partnerships, Substance Abuse Coordinators, Community Health Charities and others.
- Executed a Lobbying 101 and Grassroots Advocacy program to the Iowa Association of Executives for multiple years.