Advocacy Strategies effectively uses earned, paid, and owned media opportunities to get your message to the right audience through both traditional and unconventional means. With your expertise, we help develop and drive PR strategies to meet your needs. We have relationships with media outlets and journalists to effectively place your pieces in a timely manner.
Public Relations Services
- Develop personalized media and public relations campaigns to drive a desired message and increase visibility in the community
Media and Social Media Services
- Manage media contacts for clients by organizing editorial board meetings and furthering relationships with media outlets throughout Iowa
- Leverage current news events as a mechanism to respond to with letters to the editor and guest editorials
- Create earned media opportunities that raise public awareness and support of the organization
- Train representatives to be a key opinion leader and spokesperson for the organization when speaking with media entities
- Fully utilize social media and internet blogs as an alternative communications outlet
- Develop a social media strategy, including creating a social media calendar for communication plans
- Completed national campaigns to support and pursue FDA regulation of tobacco products and oversight of drug classes.
- Managed a multi-year campaign for the passage of the Smoke Free Air Act.
- Developed and implemented a multifaceted campaign to increase the tobacco tax by $1.00.
- Developed and implemented a media campaign to support concussion legislation which included a joint press event with the
- Managed the Iowa Cosmetology School Association response to Des Moines Register Editorials on licensing.
- Organized numerous successful press conferences and media availabilities for the Partnership for Better Health, Brain Injury Alliance, CAFE Iowa CAN, Iowans 4 Medical Cannabis, AstraZeneca, Iowa Tobacco Prevention Alliance, Iowa Farmers Union, CHAIN, and the Epilepsy Foundation.
- Assisted in the development and placement of over 100 opinion editorials and letters to the editor for the Renewable Energy Group, Partnership for Better Health, Pfizer, and other lobbying clients.
- Scheduled and attended successful editorial board visits for the Interfaith Alliance to discuss Marriage Equality.
- Coordinated a back to school media campaign to encourage Iowans to vaccinate their kids.
- Managed awareness media campaign for Pfizer on diabetic peripheral neuropathy and fibromyalgia.
- Developed relationships with on air radio and television personalities to place numerous interviews.
- Planned a four part series on the need for reducing the cost of chronic disease for the November Sweeps on WHO-TV
- Engage Partnership for Better Health advocates through regular Facebook and Twitter posts.
- Hosted several social media training events for non-profit organizations engaged in the Partnership for Better Health.
- Manage direct mobile device correspondence for the IBEW Iowa State Conference.
- Created social media campaigns for Partnership for Better Health in collaboration with other organizations to bring awareness to current health issues.