Advocacy Strategies has successfully developed and implemented public affairs and issue campaigns across Iowa for several years. Our relationships with organizations, businesses and government entities afford us the ability to strategically build strong and sustainable networks to move your issues forward. Our team has managed small, short-term campaigns as well as larger scale campaigns lasting multiple years. We will work with you to assess, recruit, train, and mobilize a network of advocates around your issue to build broad public and political support through traditional grassroots efforts.
Public Affairs Services
- Develop and implement campaigns to address candidates in the first-in-the-nation Iowa Caucuses
- Educate organizations to address major policy issues in a strategic, effective and efficient manner
- Coordinate stakeholder meetings between clients, key opinion leaders and policymakers
- Build coalitions and partnerships who share similar interests and ensure they are successful and sustainable
- Provide outcome-based metrics for all clients, projects and public affairs campaigns
- Create a dynamic plan to engage concerned citizens, as well as legislative professionals
- Work to assess, recruit, train, and mobilize your grassroots network
- Connect networks with the public and with organizations with similar priorities and interests
- Implemented a campaign of various stakeholders to pass the Medical Cannabidiol Act.
- Facilitated multiple, statewide campaigns to educate and enroll Iowa’s seniors in Part D of the Medicare Modernization Act.
- Protective maintenance of Iowa Code language exempting specific classes of pharmaceuticals from the Iowa Medicaid Preferred Drug List.
- Managed a multi-year campaign for the passage of the Smoke Free Air Act.
- Protected electrical licensing and inspection rules.
- Engaged Iowa cities on treating municipal ash trees for Emerald Ash Borer.
- Facilitated outreach to federal agencies and elected officials to increase the biodiesel production level within the Renewable Fuel Standard.
- Implemented an outreach campaign to expand wind energy production in federal programs and in Iowa, Nebraska, and Missouri.
- Developed and facilitated a grassroots campaign to support Marriage Equality legislation.
- Established the Healthiest State Initiative’s Day on the Hill while assisting them with getting their message to all legislators.
- Implemented hundreds of lobby day events and programs for multiple organizations.
- Developed a pamphlet for presidential candidates and other elected officials highlighting the personal stories of 9 Iowans living with chronic disease.