The Advocacy Strategies team takes deep pride in representing the best interests of our clients, not the advancement of a political party. We are non-partisan and work with both sides of the aisle on every issue. Our goal is to have relationships with 150 state legislators, the Executive branch and their staffs, combined with our relationships with state agencies, regulatory committees and commissions; our team is prepared to assist you with your lobbying needs. Our team has a consistent record of moving our clients’ legislative agendas forward by utilizing their networks of advocates, volunteers, and employees to promote their issues. We believe success is a collective effort, that’s why we become deeply involved with our clients, their staffs, volunteers, boards, etc. Because our firm specializes in public affairs, advocacy and public relations, we are able to turn your priorities to statewide campaigns if necessary.
- Planning legislative agendas/strategies
- Participation in legislative meetings
- Coordination of lobby days and related events
- Meeting facilitation with key policymakers
- Analysis of proposed Administrative Code changes
- Attendance at Board meetings
- Creation of talking points & educational pieces
- Coalition building & participation
- Communication with legislators
- Bill tracking, review & analysis
- Drafting of bills and amendments
- Attending political party events
- PAC management & fundraising
Advocacy Strategies has successfully developed and implemented public affairs and issue campaigns across Iowa for several years. Our relationships with organizations, businesses and government entities afford us the ability to strategically build strong and sustainable networks to move your issues forward. Our team has managed small, short-term campaigns as well as larger scale campaigns lasting multiple years. We will work with you to assess, recruit, train, and mobilize a network of advocates around your issue to build broad public and political support through traditional grassroots efforts.
Public Affairs & Social Media
- Develop and implement campaigns to address candidates in the first-in-the-nation Iowa Caucuses
- Educate organizations to address major policy issues in a strategic, effective and efficient manner
- Coordinate stakeholder meetings between clients, key opinion leaders and policymakers
- Build coalitions and partnerships who share similar interests and ensure they are successful and sustainable
- Provide outcome-based metrics for all clients, projects and public affairs campaigns
- Create a dynamic plan to engage concerned citizens, as well as legislative professionals
- Work to assess, recruit, train, and mobilize your grassroots network
- Connect networks with the public and with organizations with similar priorities and interests
Advocacy Strategies effectively uses earned, paid and social media opportunities to get your message to the right audience through both traditional and unconventional means. With your expertise, we help develop and drive PR strategies to meet your needs.
- Develop personalized media and public relations campaigns to drive a desired message and increase visibility in the community
- Manage media contacts for clients by organizing editorial board meetings and furthering relationships with media outlets throughout Iowa
- Leverage current news events as a mechanism to respond to with letters to the editor and guest editorials
- Create earned media opportunities that raise public awareness and support of the organization
- Train representatives to be a key opinion leader and spokesperson for the organization when speaking with media entities
- Fully utilize social media and internet blogs as an alternative communications outlet
An organization’s reputation is the most important asset it can possess. A strong reputation opens doors, increases membership, brings financial gains, and allows for successful government advocacy. Many times, simple steps can be taken to make major strides in developing a strong reputation. Advocacy Strategies has the skills to build an organization’s reputation; whether it is an established organization or an upstart entity, the AS team can raise the recognition and perception of a group. Advocacy Strategies has been very successful at raising the public reputation of multiple organizations throughout the state. We utilize numerous strategies to build and maintain our client’s reputation, including integrated media plans, partnering with similar organizations and creating a public relations model to suit the particular organization. These efforts all increase the visibility and public perception of the client.
Further efforts at advancing an organization’s agenda and reputation can be achieved through roundtable events with key opinion leaders, meeting with elected officials, building coalitions and developing strong contacts with the leaders in your field. Advocacy Strategies team members have the contacts to facilitate these events and drive a client’s reputation. Other simple steps include reacting immediately to negative associations with an organization and producing a paradigm shift in the way the client interacts with policy makers, media and the public. By coordinating all aspects of an entity’s message the client’s reputation grows and the group begins to be sought out as a respected leader in their field.
Due to Iowa’s unique place in American politics, Advocacy Strategies has dedicated a significant portion of our business and resources to engaging Presidential candidates during the caucus process. We have successfully managed several large scale projects with excellent results. Our statewide network of key opinion leaders, advocates and dedicated staff provides you an opportunity to effect change in the nation’s heartland. Your message will be heard by hundreds of thousands of Iowans and the national media, with the ultimate goal of the winning candidate repeating your message as they travel to the rest of the nation.
Our team will assist your organization every step of the way, to tailor a caucus issue project that suits your agenda and ensures your message reaches the candidates. Advocacy Strategies provides a menu of options that you can choose to best suit your needs. We will work with you to develop the appropriate strategy to maximize the project’s effectiveness.