We are dedicated to helping our clients advance their missions and priorities in order to bring about positive change. Our past successes are indicative of what we can do for you; they are diverse in nature and required us to have bi-partisan relationships at the state and federal levels. On multiple issues, we work closely and collaboratively with other organizations, legislative and congressional leaders, legislative staff, the Governor's Office, and other state agencies and departments. Examples of past work include:
- Developed and maintain a statewide campaign to educate national leaders and Iowans on the true cost of chronic disease.
- Facilitated multiple, statewide campaigns to educate and enroll Iowa's seniors in Part D of the Medicare Modernization Act.
- Secured infrastructure funding for Regents' institutions.
- Supported the enactment and funding of the Breast and Cervical Cancer Treatment Act.
- Managed a multifaceted, multi-year campaign to increase the state's tobacco tax by $1.00.
- Developed a targeted healthcare campaign to educate and mobilize stakeholders to engage in the Iowa caucus process.
- Protective maintenance of Iowa Code language exempting specific classes of pharmaceuticals from the Iowa Medicaid Preferred Drug List.
- Assisted in maintaining the Beginning Farmer Tax Credit and the Wind Energy Tax Credit.
- Passed legislation to study incentives for locally produced foods.
- Oversaw the passage of legislation that established a reasonable staff to student ratio at schools of cosmetology.
- Protected charitable gaming and giving laws through statewide campaigns.
- Passed legislation that included Emergency Management Commissions in the Iowa Mutual Aid Compact (IMAC).
- Managed a multi-faceted, multi-year campaign for the passage of the Smoke Free Air Act
- Secured inclusion of the Iowa Dental Home Plan in the Health & Human Services Appropriations bill.
- Implemented multi-state campaigns to engage the public and educate presidential candidates on cancer issues.
- Completed national campaigns to support and pursue FDA regulation of tobacco products and oversight of drug classes.
- Secured funding for the Rural Solutions Program, state Epilepsy Program, state Hepatitis Education and Outreach Program, AIDS Drug Assistance Program, vision screening program, Cosmetology and Barber Tuition Grant Program, Children's Obesity Prevention Program, Vaccines for Children program (VFC), Iowa Collaborative Safety Net Provider Program, Drug Repository Program and the state Tobacco Control Program.
- Organized statewide campaigns to reduce the use and impact of regulations requiring prescription prior authorizations and limiting the off-label use of drugs.
- Required that state-funded, pre-school programs include a component that meets the needs of those students with special needs; allowing community programs that provide services for children with disabilities to receive funding when assisting pre-school programs in meeting this component.
- Secured reinstatement of general fund dollars to a standing appropriation for victim assistance grants through the state's AG's Office; prevention of removal of line-item.
- Mobilized consumers to pass legislation that requires private insurance companies to offer a benefit for necessary prosthetic devices.
Worked to update the definition of "diabetes" in state insurance code and increased the number of training and education hours available for patients diagnosed and living with diabetes.
- Passed and secured funding for the Volunteer Health Care Provider Program that provides malpractice coverage for volunteer providers in a free clinic setting.
- Lead a multi-year campaign to pass the Healthy Kids Act of 2008 that established health, nutrition and CPR certification requirements for students, school districts and accredited non-public schools.
- Managed successful integrated media campaigns for health care reform, civil equality, patient centered prevention and wellness and tobacco control.